Home > Resources > Webinars
ACCC webinars provide the convenience of live and on-demand online learning from an esteemed group of presenters which represent the multidisciplinary cancer care team. Q&A discussions enable knowledge sharing and the exchange of ideas.
The New Age of Molecular Testing and Targeted Therapies for Lung Cancer
Friday, April 28, 2017
3:15 – 4:15 PM EDT
Presenter: Melissa L. Johnson, MD, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Tennessee Oncology
Recent advances in lung cancer molecular testing and targeted therapies are leading to greater options for patients, including the approval of multiple agents for the treatment of advanced NSCLC patients with EGFR, ALK, or ROS1 mutations. This webinar will highlight ongoing advances and updates in lung cancer molecular testing and the potential clinical role of emerging agents on the horizon. This webinar is presented in conjunction with the Tennessee Oncology Practice Society (TOPS).
Immunotherapy Delivery: Workflow and Work Process Considerations
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
12:00 – 1:00 PM EDT
Presenter: Carole Miller, MD, Medical Director, Saint Agnes Cancer Center
Learn about this community cancer program’s experiences integrating immunotherapy into practice, including six essential programmatic components, workflow and staffing considerations, and the decision to create dedicated space for delivery of immunotherapy.
Challenging Issues in Breast Cancer Management
Thursday, May 4, 2017
3:00 - 4:00 PM EDT
Presenters: Michele Carpenter, MD, and David Margileth, MD, St. Joseph Hospital of Orange, The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment
Ongoing research continues to reveal new advances in the clinical management of breast cancer. However, controversy still exists around certain issues as clinicians wait for more compelling evidence to change how they treat patients. Hear physicians review the current state and future direction of molecular testing policies and guidelines for breast cancer.
This webinar is part of the Virtual Molecular Tumor Board series. View the on-demand recordings of the entire series.
Engaging Multidisciplinary Clinicians in Genomic Tumor Boards
Thursday, May 16, 2017
10:00 - 11:00 AM EDT
Presenter: Steven Powell, MD, Sanford Cancer Center
Developing a successful genomic tumor board requires effective engagement strategies to demonstrate value to providers with varying levels of understanding about cancer genomics. Education and outreach tactics must reach clinicians who work in different locations or specialize in treating specific malignancies. Hear how one ACCC-member cancer program’s journey in building a genomic tumor board led to increased engagement and communication across the clinical care team and provided new treatment options for patients with complex cancers.
Immuno-Oncology Management Best Practices 2.0
Thursday, May 18, 2017
1:00 - 2:00 PM EDT
Presenter: Steven D’Amato, BSPharm, Executive Director, New England Cancer Specialists
Learn about evolving best practices in the delivery of immunotherapy for cancer. This Institute for Clinical Immuno-Oncology (ICLIO) webinar explores:
- clinical concerns (appropriate use of I-O agents, patient adherence and compliance, and education for the multidisciplinary cancer care team);
- financial considerations (formulary management, pathway/protocol development, coverage and reimbursement, and financial assistance resources for patients); and
- operational issues (management of inventory, managing drug waste, and effective use of electronic health records).
Institute for Clinical Immuno-Oncology (ICLIO) Playlist
Explore a selection of ICLIO content, presented by distinguished faculty, designed to help prepare the multidisciplinary care team for delivering immunotherapy for cancer.
Webinars cover information in the following areas:
- Clinical Optimization
- Coverage & Reimbursement
- Policy Issues
- Management and Best Practices
- Patient Access & Advocacy
- Training & Development
Implementing Oral Oncolytics
Watch this series of seven archived webinars practical information on integrating oral oncolytics into practice from the Implementing Oral Oncolytics: Steps to Success education initiative.
Select titles include:
- Monitoring for Safety and Toxicity with Oral Oncolytics
- Process and Quality Improvement Opportunities
- Effective Practices for Dispensing Oral Oncolytics: Achieving Quality, Value, and Continuity of Care
Molecular Testing in the Community Setting
The ACCC Molecular Testing in the Community Setting—Peer-to-Peer Learning Webinar Series features speakers discussing advancements and improvements in biomarker testing at their cancer programs.
- The Tissue Issue: Sampling and Testing
- The Deal with Data: Collecting and Sharing
- The Future of Molecular Testing: Optimizing Efficiency Under Increasing Expectations
Patient-Centered Care for ASCT in Multiple Myeloma
As part of the Transplant Treatment Path: Optimizing Patient–Centered Care for ASCT in Multiple Myeloma project, ACCC hosted a webinar series on how to optimize patient–centered care for multiple myeloma patients eligible for autologous stem cell transplantation.
- Psychosocial Support & Financial Counseling
- Patient Education & Engagement
- Coordination of Care & Medical Co-Management
Virtual Molecular Tumor Boards
ACCC has partnered with the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) to host Virtual Molecular Tumor Boards: An Educational Series, a set of 12 webinars that featuring case-studies and robust discussions on molecular testing for breast and lung cancer.
Select titles include:
- The Role of Genetics Professionals in a Community Cancer Program
- Virtual Tumor Boards: Precision Medicine and Personalized Cancer Therapy in Lung Cancer
- Virtual Molecular Tumor Board: Breast Cancer Case Studies
If you are interested in serving as a presenter for an ACCC webinar or have a topic that you would like us to explore, please contact ACCC.