2016 Patient Assistance and Reimbursement Guide
The ACCC 2016 Patient Assistance and Reimbursement Guide has the tools and resources providers need to help their patients. Inside you’ll find:
- A Q&A with Yousuf Zafar, MD, MHS, and Dan Sherman, MA, LPC, on financial toxicity. Get their perspectives on discussing financial concerns with cancer patients and the evolving role of the financial advocate.
- Tips for optimizing co-pay assistance programs. St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute's Ann Kaley Kline shares how her cancer program justified adding a new position (authorization specialist) to create an effective process to ensure that co-pay funds are applied to the appropriate patient accounts.
- A list of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical patient assistance programs.
- Patient assistance flow charts for specific patient populations (uninsured, Medicare, Medicaid, self-pay, etc.)
- A drug-specific quick reference guide to patient assistance programs.
- Directions on how to apply and links to enrollment forms.
Note: The print edition of this publication mailed with the January/February 2016 Oncology Issues.
Email your comments and feedback to Monique Marino, Manager, ACCC Publications at email@example.com.
Hendersonville Hematology & Oncology