ACCC members have invested great energy, time, resources, and expertise into building multidisciplinary programs that address cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. And these efforts have paid off for our cancer patients and their families. Now let's also focus on developing comprehensive cancer survivorship programs. Christian Downs, JD, MHA
ACCC Executive Director
In 2007-2008 ACCC launched an educational project to raise awareness about the importance of comprehensive survivorship programs. As his ACCC President's Grant, then-President Richard B. Reiling, MD, FACS, led efforts to provide a full-range of educational resources. The result: ACCC's Survivorship Education Project, which has been archived here for easy access. The project was made possible through a sponsorship funded by AstraZeneca and Abraxis Oncology.
Cancer Survivorship Resources:
- ACCC's Comprehensive Survivorship Services guide
- Resources for cancer care providers
- Examples of cancer survivorship programs
- Resources on wellness and integrative care
- Video presentation: "Cancer Survivorship: New Directions in Research and Care"
- Resources for cancer patients
If you have any comments about these resources, or if you want to suggest a topic for consideration or report a problem—
we would like to hear from you.