Welcome to TxSCO
The Texas Society of Clinical Oncology (TxSCO) represents the common interests of a majority of cancer care providers treating cancer in Texas. TxSCO is a chapter member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Our mission is to provide advocacy for cancer patients and to promote standards of excellence for high-quality cancer care.
The primary purposes of the Society are:
- To improve the quality of oncology care available to the people of Texas
- To maintain and advance the standards of cancer care
- To support oncology education
- To facilitate the development and use of new cancer management techniques in the community
- To provide effective representation of the oncology field for its members and the public
- To foster effective communication enhancing access to scientific, socioeconomic, research and other relevant data
- To promote collegial relationships among cancer care providers in the state of Texas.
In order to carry out these interests, some of the goals for the Society include:
- Affect legislation and public policy relative to patient access to cancer care
- Act as a resource on the "accepted medical practices" associated with cancer care
- Provide a forum for education of our members on current technologies and their role as accepted medical practices
- Provide communications to our members and others on issues affecting patient access to cancer care and the practice of oncology.