Tennessee Oncology Practice Society (TOPS) represents the common interests of a majority of the oncologists treating cancer in Tennessee. TOPS is a chapter member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and a member of the Oncology State Society Network.
Our mission is to provide advocacy for cancer patients and to promote standards of excellence for high-quality cancer care.
The primary interests of the Society are:
- To identify and work to improve oncology practice issues that adversely affect patient access to cancer care
- To act as a patient advocate to assure that patients have access to the best available care
- To support and encourage clinical research against cancer
In order to carry out these interests, some of the goals for the Society include:
- Affect legislation and public policy relative to patient access to cancer care
- Act as a resource on the "accepted medical practices" associated with cancer care
- Provide a forum for education of our members on current technologies and their role as accepted medical practices
- Provide communications to our members and others on issues affecting patient access to cancer care and the practice of oncology.