The Montana State Oncology Society (MSOS) represents the common interests of a majority of the oncologists treating cancer in Montana. MSOS is a chapter member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
The Society was formed November 20, 2014. Our mission is to provide advocacy for cancer patients and to promote standards of excellence for high-quality cancer care.
The primary interests of the Society are:
- To improve the quality of oncology care available to the people of Montana;
- To maintain and advance the standards of cancer care;
- To support oncology education;
- To facilitate the development and use of new cancer management techniques in the community;
- To provide effective representation of the oncology field for its members and the public;
- To foster effective communication enhancing access to scientific, socioeconomic, research, and other relevant data; and
- To promote collegial relationships among oncologists in the state of Montana.