Welcome to IOS
The Iowa Oncology Society (IOS) represents the common interests of a majority of the oncologists treating cancer in Iowa. IOS is a chapter member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
The Iowa Oncology Society Mission
The purpose of the Society shall be:
- To promote the highest professional standards of oncology in the State of Iowa
- To study, research and exchange information, experiences, and ideas leading to improvement in oncology
- To represent the practice of oncology and hematology in the State of Iowa
- To identify and work to improve oncology practice issues that adversely affect patient access to cancer care
- To act as a patient advocate to assure that patients have access to the best available care
- To support and encourage clinical research against cancer.
In order to carry out these interests, some of the goals for the Society include:
- Affect legislation and public policy relative to patient access to cancer care
- Act as a resource on the "accepted medical practices" associated with cancer care
- Provide a forum for education of our members on current technologies and their role as accepted medical practices
- Provide communications to our members and others on issues affecting patient access to cancer care and the practice of oncology.