Oncology Financial Navigators
By Dan Sherman
A financial navigation pilot project improved access to care, removed financial barriers, improved patient distress, and reduced bad debt, while saving money for the hospital’s charity program.
Highlights from this Issue:
Read Skin Cancer Screening to find out how one Virginia hospital developed their own skin cancer clinic that reduced long wait times, increased awareness about the risk of skin cancer, and expanded the hospital’s scope of services and marketplace brand.
Additional online only content:
- Template letter for PCPs recommending additional care after skin cancer screening
- Template letter for PCPs saying additional care after skin cancer screening is not needed
- Skin cancer clinic screening form
- Melanoma screening and surveillance clinic “fast track” form
By putting patients at the middle or “hub” with all the services they need surrounding them, this model from Froedtert & the Medical College Cancer Center improved access and care coordination. Check out The Hub Model of Care.
Get an overview of 90Y Radioembolization Success in Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases which also includes results from the MORE retrospective clinical study, which support the survival, tumor response, safety, and quality of life in patients.
In Highlights of ASCO 2014, Dr. Cary Presant presents his annual round-up of all the innovative abstracts presented at the 2014 ASCO annual meeting. This must-read article will give you a glimpse of the future of oncology.
- ACCC Community Resource Centers
- FINANCIAL ADVOCACY
More From ACCC:
- 2014 Trends in Cancer Programs Survey Results
- The 2014 Trends in Cancer Programs survey is year five of an ongoing survey of ACCC-member cancer programs, designed to educate on nationwide developments in the business aspects of cancer care. The survey is also a tool to assist members in evaluating their own organization's performance relative to similar cancer programs. Read survey highlights here.
- Oncology ReImbursement Meetings
- Any member of the cancer care team who deals with oncology business and reimbursement will benefit from these meetings. Gain a full-spectrum perspective in just one day of sessions. Learn more here.
For permission to photocopy or use material electronically from Oncology Issues (ISSN #1045-3356) or our web site, please access www.copyright.com or contact the Copyright Clearance Center, Inc. (CCC), 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, phone 978.750.8400.