Positions in Management
This category includes both hospital and private practice positions: business and operations managers, practice managers, and site managers.
Advanced Practitioner, Green Bay Oncology, Ltd., Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posted: 9/14/2017SHOW ▼
Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices. This person performs and/or coordinates patient care in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare providers along the continuum of care. Demonstrates advanced practice skills through assessment, diagnosis and treatment of complex patients in area of an oncology specialty. Performance of work requiring advanced knowledge where discretion and judgment is utilized often.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and hold self and others accountable to the GBO values of:
- Pursue Empathetic, Caring Relationships: We will care about our patients and about each other
- Embrace the Difficult: We courageously seek challenges and change
- Take Responsibility: We take ownership for our actions, provide solutions to problems and demand the same for each other
- Be Better: We constantly seek opportunities to learn and improve who we are and what we do
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings.
- Writes orders related to prescriptions, chemotherapy, fluids or supplemental medication, transfusions, and hospital admission.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Ensures test results are obtained and physician is aware of results.
- Recommends therapeutic plan specific to diagnosis, primary chemotherapy and management of acute symptoms related to disease or treatment.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Pursuant to physician's evaluation, provides patient education regarding side effects, treatment plans, disease progression, prognosis and treatment options.
- Responds to questions regarding oncology services provided and refers to physician when appropriate.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Communicates with and refers patients to social and nutritional services, research staff and outside providers, including home care agencies.
- Provides complete documentation according to practice and coding guidelines.
- Manages medical emergencies.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Perform hospital rounds as directed by physician.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Performs related work as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current Certification or Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Minimum of two years mid-level provider experience.
- Experience in an Oncology setting preferred.