Positions in Support Services and Allied Fields
This category includes patient care coordinators, data managers, cancer registrars, as well as research coordinators.
Revenue Cycle Coordinator, White Plains Hospital Center, White Plains, New York
Posted: 11/9/2017SHOW ▼
The Revenue Cycle Coordinator, reporting to the Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle, and works in coordination with the Director of Operations for the cancer center, is responsible for unifying and supporting efficient and effective Revenue Operations across the cancer center. This role will support overall hospital revenue cycle initiatives, compliance, and organizational revenue performance goals.
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Analyze revenue data in order to identify trends in cancer center billing areas.
- Analyze "Open Encounters/Work Queue" claims to identify issues of missed opportunities, errors, and system problems, staff training issues, work queue anomalies, and biller coder / performance.
- Develop criteria for reporting revenue performance to a variety of audiences.
- Work collaboratively with the various practice areas and departments to develop processes and streamline revenue cycle functions to perform at best practice and reach and maintain department goals.
- Assist with the oversight of the registration and authorization team for the article 28 side of the cancer center and radiation oncology.
- Assist in training and staff supervision.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline workflow and revenue.
- Trend and review AR performance, ability to report out to senior leadership issues and trends identified.
- Maintain a close working relationship with counterparts within the Cancer Center, other hospital departments, ancillary agencies, and WPPA administration.
- Identify revenue cycle issues and provide leadership for root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary work groups to resolve revenue cycle issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience including direct supervision of staff. Experience in the oncology field is strongly preferred.
- Certification in at least one of the following preferred at the time of hire: Certified Professional Coder Certification (CPC) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Certified Coding Specialist- Physician based (CCS-P) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- Core Competencies:
- Ability to analyze revenue data and identify trends and opportunities and the ability to present such data to a variety of audiences.
- Interpersonal skills that allow ease of communication with Clinical staff and business office staff.
- Knowledge of coding conventions.
- Current knowledge of third party payer rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of EMR systems and billing systems.
- Knowledge of management and supervision and the ability to organize staff's work.
- Ability to write, and speak to the analysis they have performed.
- Ability to provide leadership in problem identification and issue resolution.
- Ability to mediate and solve complex work problems and issues.
- Ability to effectively facilitate work groups to successful outcomes.
- Strong project management skills.